Here is a customized step-by-step instructions for shoppers in the School of Biological Sciences. These instructions should guide you through a basic purchase.
Instructions1. Log-in to eSHOP via firefly.nebraska.edu
- Log-in (Username is NU ID listed on N-Card)
- Click the eSHOP tab near the top
- Click the blue "Launch eSHOP" button. This will open a new window so make sure it allows pop-up windows.
- Major vendors include Fisher Scientific, Grainger, Office Depot, Dell, UNL Apple Sales, GovConnection Computers, etc.
- Click "Add to Cart" for fully integrated stores
- Click "Order from Supplier" to add to your cart from "punch-out" vendors. This will take you to their website. Add order to cart, then click on "Check Out" cart, "Return Cart to Purchasing Application," or equivalent. It will return you to eSHOP.
- Optional: Click "Add Favorite" to save frequently purchased items in your favorites
4. Check out by clicking the Shopping Cart icon in the top right
- Optional: Name your cart in the upper left "Name this cart" to help you remember the contents
- Click on "Proceed to Checkout"
- Confirm Cost Center and GL Account category under "Accounting Codes"
- To change, click on "Edit", then "Select from profile values.." and finally "Recalculate and Save"
- IMPORTANT: Under "Internal Notes and Attachments" add an Internal Notes that describes the specific business propose. This needs to be a detailed sentence about how this will be used, not just a genetic phase about research.
- Note any specific time requirements for delivery that differ from "as soon as possible without additional shipping charges"