My research is focused on three main topics relating to sexually transmitted Human papillomaviruses (HPVs). The first area of emphasis is in the analysis of cis and trans-acting signals required for stable replication of HPVs. A second area under study is the specific packaging requirements of HPVs. In both of these studies, we make of use of a novel and convenient yeast system we have developed to model HPV functions and to identify cellular factors involved. A final area of emerging interest for the lab is the analysis of HPV disease epidemiology in HIV positive patients in Zambia, Africa.
- Rogers, A., Waltke, M., and Angeletti, P. C. Evolutionary Variation of HPV E2 Protein and E2 Binding Sites. Virology J. 8:379, Aug, (2011).
- Lei, Y. Makhoala, K. Pittyakhajonwut, D. Wood, C., and Angeletti P. C. Human Papillomavirus 16 Variants from Zambian Women with Normal Pap Smears. J. Med Virol. Jul;83(7):1230-7 (2011).
- Pittyakhajonwut, D. and Angeletti, P. C. Viral trans-factor independent replication of Human papillomavirus genomes. Virology J. 10;7:123 (2010).
- Hu, L., Potapova, T.A., Li, S. Rankin, S., ; Gorbsky, G.J., Angeletti, P.C. and Ceresa, B. Expression of HPV16 E5 Produces Enlarged Nuclei and Polyploidy through Endoreplication. Virology 30;405(2):342-51 (2010).
- Hu, L., Plafker, K.,Vorozhoko, V., Zuna, R. E., Hanigan, M. H., Gorbsky, G J. Plafker, S. M., Angeletti, P. C., and Ceresa, B. P. Human Papillomavirus 16 E5 Induces bi-nucleated cell formation by cell-cell fusion Virology 384(1):125-34 (2009).
- Lowe, J. J., Panda, D., Rose, S., Jenson, T., Hughes, W. Tso, F. and Angeletti, P. C. Evolutionary and Structural Analysis of Alpha Papillomavirus Capsid Proteins Yields Insights into L2 Structure and Interaction with L1 Virology Journal, 17;5:150. (2008).
- Rogers, A., Loggen, M., Lee, K. and Angeletti P. C. Varying Efficiency of Long-term Replication of Papillomaviruses in Saccharomyces cerevisiae Virology, 381(1):6-10 (2008).
- Pittyakhajonwut, D. and Angeletti, P. C. Analysis of cis-elements that facilitate extrachromosomal persistence of human papillomaviruses. Virology, 374, 304-314 (2008).
- Angeletti, P. C., Zhang, L., and Wood C. The Viral Etiology of HIV-associated Malignancies. HIV-1: Molecular Biology and Pathogenesis. Editor: Kuan-Teh Jeang, Elsevier. 56:509-557. (2007).
- Ng’andwe C., Lowe J. J., Richards, P. J., Hause, L. L., Wood, C. and Angeletti, P. C. The distribution of sexually transmitted human papillomaviruses among HIV positive and negative populations in Zambia, Africa. Infectious Diseases. July 16:7(1):77 (2007).
- Vaeteewoottacharn, K., Chamutpong, S., Ponglikitmongkol, M. and Angeletti, P. C. Differential localization of HPV16 E6 splice products with E6-associated protein. Virology Journal 2:50 247-260 (2005).
- Angeletti, P. C. Replication and encapsidation of papillomaviruses in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Human Papillomaviruses: Methods and Protocols, Methods in Molecular Medicine. Editor Doorbar, J., Humana Press, Totowa, NJ. Vol. 50 (2005).
- Kim, K., Angeletti, P. C., Hassebroek, E. C. and Lambert, P. F. Identification of cis-acting elements that mediate the replication and maintenance of human papillomavirus type 16 genomes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Journal of Virology 79, 5933-5942 (2005).
- Joung, I., Angeletti P. C. and Engler, J. A. Functional implications in apoptosis by interferon inducible gene product 1-8D, the binding protein to adenovirus preterminal protein The Journal of Microbiology, 41, 295-299. (2003).
- Angeletti, P. C., Kim, K., Fernandes, F. J. and Lambert, P. F. Stable replication of papillomavirus genomes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Journal of Virology 76, 3350-3358 (2002).
- Angeletti, P. C., Walker, D., and Panganiban, A. T. Small glutamine-rich protein/Viral protein U-binding protein is a novel co-chaperone that affects Hsp70 activity. Cell Stress and Chaperones 7, 258-268 (2002).
- Angeletti, P. C. and Engler, J. A. Adenovirus preterminal protein binds to the CAD enzyme at active sites of viral replication on the nuclear matrix. Journal of Virology 72, 2896-2904 (1998).
- Sanchez, V., Angeletti, P. C., Engler, J. A., and Britt, W. J. Localization of human cytomegalovirus structural proteins to the nuclear matrix of infected human fibroblasts. Journal of Virology 72, 3321-3329 (1998).
- Angeletti, P. C., and Engler, J. A. Tyrosine kinase-dependent release of an Adenovirus preterminal protein complex from the nuclear matrix. Journal of Virology 70, 3060-3067 (1996).
- Lucher, L. A., Kuntirat, B., Chowrira, B., Zhao, J., and Angeletti, P. C. Altered synthesis of adenovirus 12 DNA-binding protein but not DNA polymerase during abortive infection of hamster cells. Virology 189, 187-195 (1992).