President: Bridget Bickner
President-Elect: Allissa Flynn
Treasurer: Nick Leyden
Secretary: Josh Adams
Social Media Officer: Macy Thonen
Research Coordinator: Maggie Kempf
Voluteerism Coordinator: Allison Cruikshank
Social Event Coordinator: Lauren Weis
Faculty Sponsor: Dr. Dai Shizuka
Biology Learning Community Mentor: Jessie Champagne
Biology Learning Community Faculty Sponsor: Dr. John DeLong
Staff Coordinator: Julie McManamey
Biology Club is a great way to get involved on campus!
- Learn about UNL research through lab tours with life science faculty and graduate students
- Mentor and educate others through volunteer opportunities
- Network with other life science majors - find study buddies
- Clean up the local environment
- Go on field trips to cool places like Cedar Point Biological Station, Ashfall Fossil Beds or Henry Doorly Zoo
TriBeta (Iota Upsilon Chapter) is a national honor society to promote excellence and research in the life sciences.
TriBeta members have the opportunity to publish their research in a national research journal, BIOS, or present their research by oral or poster presentations at annual regional conferences and biennial national conventions.
National Membership Requirements:
- Be a declared life science major
- Completed 36 credit hours
- Completed at least three courses in biological or life sciences (at least one 200-level or above) with grades of 'B' or better in each.
- One-time Dues for lifetime membership: $50
If you are looking for a light-hearted group, consider N.U.T.S (Nebraskans for the Upgraded Treatment of Squirrels.) N.U.T.S. aims to raise awareness of and appreciation for all life forms on campus, primarily squirrels. Contact Dr. Chad Brassil for more information.
Student Organizations are a vital part of the out-of-class experience at UNL. Student Involvement supports the work of over 500 student organizations that cover a wide range of topics.